Q & A with Yelawolf + Bonus
Word up peoples, my homie The Beast had the cool opportunity to interview up-n-coming artist Yelawolf in what can be described as a relaxed Q&A section. Take a minute to read and check out and after you peep, check out his latest vid: “Pop The Trunk”.
HipHopRuckus Q&A With YelaWolf
Yo, it’s ya boy The Beast. I was blessed to have the opportunity to do a quick Q&A with buzzworthy artist YelaWolf. The Ghet-O-Vision Ent. artist is making much noise online these days due in part to amazing mixtape “Trunk Muzik.” Peep the answers he gave to the questions I asked him and stay on the lookout for this guy – aight!
1. What was the first rap song you memorized?
YelaWolf: Memorized on purpose… “Today Was A Good Day” by Ice Cube.
2. What do you think people want to hear from Hip-Hop today?
YelaWolf: People need new stories… new places… new ideas… true originality is always cool.
3. Can you name a movie that captures your struggle in a nutshell?
YelaWolf: Not really… it hasn’t been made yet. “Hustle and Flow” hit some topics. “GUMMO” caught some visuals. “Mask” because of the biker
4. What’s different about Alabama that we don’t see on tv?
YelaWolf: Intelligence and brotherhood… I need to be heard and understood. Most shit you hear about – you’ll see here though. Some things will never change, but that’s why we love it!
5. As a new artist, what would do you feel is important… to get the cash and fame quick or build steady and have longevity?
YelaWolf: Some artist get in and get out, im not that way. Slow and steady for me, but it’s not how long you stay… it’s how long the impact of your music last, with that said… LONG LIVE YELAWOLF!!! – peacerz
The Beast – 2010
Pop The Trunk